We want to welcome you into the fellowship of Christian believers known as the First United Methodist Church in McCamey, Texas. We are a community of persons who are seeking a deeper relationship with God, through the example of Jesus Christ, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you experience God's grace while you are a part of the ministry here at the First United Methodist Church.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Advent Devotional for the Third Sunday of Advent

"Happy the people, who know You Lord, who walk in the radiance of Your love."  - Psalm 89:15
________________________________
I have noticed throughout my life people who have gotten further and further away from the meaning of Christmas. They get so caught up in all the shopping and gift wrapping and materialism that they lose sight of what Christmas is all about.

Jesus was given to us on Christmas Day. This is the only gift that we should be worried about. I think that if people would just slow down, take a look at the true meaning of Christmas, and focus on that they will be happier.

I used to be caught up in all the shopping and gift wrapping. I would get lost in all of the busyness. I wasn't very happy when Christmas rolled around each year. I began to dread it. Now I take a simpler approach to Christmas. I focus on the true meaning. I focus on the ultimate gift that God has given to us in our Savior, Jesus Christ. This is the true meaning of Christmas to me that I hope to instill in my son's heart.

Jennifer Aguilar, First UMC - McCamey

No comments:

Post a Comment